Friday 23 March 2012

ICWO Receives International students For Internship


ICWO, Indian Community Welfare Organisation, is a non-profit, non-governmental, organization who has worked with multiple marginalized and poor communities with a specific focus on women and child development for the past 17 years. ICWO is based in  Anna Nagar West, Chennai. 

ICWO receives international students from France, Belgium, Italy, Finland, Canada, and the USA each year. This year ICWO has received two students namely Ms. Keyana Fitzpatrick & Ms. Tracie Doi from Manchester College, USA. 

When asked about their experience with ICWO, they only had positive stories to share. “I found working with ICWO an enriching learning experience. Being exposed to social issues in India and how ICWO handles them was very helpful in expanding my understanding of different methodologies used to solve social problems. I was also able grow personally as a result of interacting with the clients and staff of ICWO. I am grateful for being allowed to work with this organization,” exclaimed Ms. Keyana.Ms. Tracie said, “Working with ICWO has been the highlight of my stay in India. 

It helped immerse me in the culture and gain knowledge into the struggles that various marginalized groups face. My experience over the past couple of months has not only helped to mold me as a social worker, but also as a human being. 

I am forever thankful for the wonderful opportunity to be part of an organization that stands up against injustices and works to help others empower themselves.

”A.J. Hariharan, secretary of ICWO, told the reporter, “It is extremely important that the learning of ICWO over the past 17 years is shared with the international developmental workers to fine tune the implementation pattern for effective intervention across the world. Indian Community Welfare Organisation-I.C.W.O is at AP-216, 18th Main Road, 'I' Block, 6th Street, Vallalar Colony, Anna Nagar West. For details contact 044-26184392, 65515742.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annanagar Daily posts